white women of hollywood, reducing japan and japanese culture to cupcakes, sexy ”costumes” and submissive sex-kittens since god knows when
Apparently Avril is only selling records in Japan now-a-days?
Posted by pandorasfall
best owl i have seen
"hello friend! it is the morning!"
Can we talk about how Cap and Bucky have opposite masks?
Cap has mouth and eyes exposed, forehead covered. Bucky has mouth covered and eyes painted black, his forehead exposed.
What a lovely symmetry.
But the symbolism too. Cap’s is a helmet, protection, to keep him safe from physical harm. Bucky’s is a muzzle to keep him silent and anonymous and on a leash.
nine photographs portraying quotes said to sexual assault survivors by police officers, attorneys, and other authority figures
more info about project unbreakable here
original tumblr here
These photos make me cringe.
These photo’s make me upset and angry.
I am filled with such a violent rage. This is why I believe vigilantes need to exist. Because rape culture causes justice to rarely be served.
Fuck the police
Ten years after the debut of the life-altering movie that is Mean Girls, actor Daniel Franzese, who played openly gay high schooler Damian, has come out as gay.
Franzese, now 36, wrote a letter to his character that was published in IndieWire. He asks himself why it had taken him so long to come out as gay, saying that his portrayal of Damian actually set him back in Hollywood and in his own personal coming to terms with himself.
The whole thing is damn insightful and meaningful, but here’s a particularly telling excerpt about how Daniel’s career took an unexpected turn after he played Damian:
One time I wanted to audition for a supporting character in a low-budget indie movie described as a “doughy, blue-collar lug of a guy.” The role was to play the husband of an actress friend of mine who I had been in two movies and an Off-Broadway play with. She and I had even moved to L.A. together. I figured I was perfect for it.
They said they were looking for a real “man’s man.” The casting director wouldn’t even let me audition. This wasn’t the last time this happened. There were industry people who had seen me play you in Mean Girls but never seen me read in an audition but still denied me to be seen for “masculine” roles.
However, I did turn down many offers to play flamboyant, feather-boa-slinging stereotypes that always seemed to be laughed at BECAUSE they were gay. How could I go from playing an inspirational, progressive gay youth to the embarrassing, cliched butt-of-a-joke?
So, there it was. Damian, you had ruined my life and I was really pissed at you. I became celibate for a year and a half. I didn’t go to any gay bars, have any flings and I lied to anyone who asked if I was gay. I even brought a girl to the ‘Mean Girls’ premiere and kissed her on the red carpet, making her my unwitting beard.
Why come out now, then?
It wasn’t until years later that grown men started to coming up to me on the street - some of them in tears - and thanking me for being a role model to them. Telling me I gave them comfort not only being young and gay but also being a big dude. It was then that I realized how much of an impact YOU had made on them.
Before you make the “too gay to function” joke, which I totally did before I finished reading the article, listen to what he has to say about it:
I hate it when people say I’m ‘too gay to function.’ I know you do, too. Those people are part of the problem. They should refrain from using that phrase. It really is only OK when Janis says it.
It takes some serious guts to be this open about the intermingling of your career and your personal life, especially when admitting that playing a beloved character in a classic movie has impacted you in a negative way. I have loads of respect for this man. Congrats, Daniel.
Beautiful leather jewelry by Brenda Lyons.
Handmade necklaces created by painting leather with acrylics.
Brenda’s Etsy here
I’m pissing myself in excitement.. My need for this is unfathomable.
Presenting : White people damaging their hair by forcing it to do something it’s not meant to in an effort to seem earthy.
this shit is nasty
Omg! That last one is kinda fresh! I call it the Meatloaf
Seriously white people? Give it the fuck up. You don’t have the hair texture for that. Accept it.
Somebody told me that if I deleted this post I’d stop getting notes on it (it was blowing up my phone) and that *kinda* worked. I would like to take a moment and point out that I had a shit ton of people hounding my inbox and the comments saying they had dreads that look like this and they weren’t gross or that if they don’t shower this is what their hair does naturally
- The dreads in this picture are hella nasty. One is full of mold. That’s the point. These are NOT what dreads are supposed to look like.
- Hair that isn’t afro textured never ever looks like real dreads (i.e. they don’t look the same at all) If you had to backcomb, they probably aren’t real dreads.
- You are exploiting your white privilege if you can still go to school and work with your dreads in, because black people consistently have their natural hair deemed ‘unprofessional’ and used as a means to prevent them from getting hired and to fire them from jobs and have them expelled from school.
- They won’t do their own research. No, the Celts did not have dreads, no dreadlocks are not found everywhere
- White people calling themselves Rastafarian. Are you kidding. ‘Rasta’ and ‘Rastafarian’ are not terms meaning ‘Bob Marley Fan Club’ or ‘I like weed’. Rastafarians are AGAINST white supremacy.
- BUT BLACK PEOPLE STRAIGHTEN THEIR HAIR/ WEAR WHITE HAIR. One, black people don’t wear ‘white hair’. I’m not lying to you, walk into a hair story.You will find Indian, Malaysian, Brazilian but never European hair because it’s not as great as you think it is. Two, the fact that people with kinky hair straighten it with relaxer or flat irons ect is because black people are taught that their natural hair is ‘not good hair’ and because their natural hair is sometimes deemed as unprofessional. Do you like movies? Chris Rock made one about it called ‘Good hair’. Also, this.
- Your Dreadlocks are cultural appropriation. They also look nasty.
Come on man… use your webs to stop her falling.. what’s the worst that could happen
I actually just shuddered reading that line.
Read the comics and you too can understand all that is wrong with that apparent solutionthere’s spiderman comics?
what did you think spiderman was based off of?
I thought they just saw how popular batman was and swapped spider for bat
And what do you think batman was based of????I thought they just saw how popular superman was and swapped super for bat
… I wonder what your theory on Superman’s origin is…I thought they just saw how popular jesus was and made him an alien who could fly
yep, that’s basically the origins of Superman, no lie.
this isn’t my post but I made it great